1.30.2012

Random goodies

Today I got my panties in a wad.

Sometimes this happens just because I am stressed and I project my stress on other people. 

Sometimes that stress makes me feel uptight or annoyed.

Sometimes I get upset or annoyed for good reasons. 

Seeing how the majority of people reading my blog also go to UT and are probably in the same boat as me when it comes to having (and possibly handling) stress, I thought I'd pass along some feel good ideas inspired by yoga and a couple of random reads posted by blackswanyoga.


The first thought has to do with the idea of comparing yourself with others. I will admit that I am not immune to social influences on how my body should look. Also, I have been known to sometimes, every once in a while, on occasion, get maybe, a tiny bit jealous of other people in terms of relationships. And, sometimes my competitive nature comes out when it isn't appropriate-- like on a yoga mat for example. SO.... here it is:

"Follow our own path, to quit envying others and keep our eye on on our mat–literally and metaphorically–both in and out of the yoga center."

This kinda related to the Humanistic Theory in social work-- everyone is fully capable of forging their own path and knowing what is best for them and their journey.


The second thought I wanted to share deals with kindness. It is easy for me to forget about how good it feels to be nice when someone is being mean. Know what I mean?



Yoga Sutra II.33 VITARKABADHANE PRATIPAKSABHAVANAM

“In the face of negativity, one should cultivate the opposite view.” 

So there ya go. Hope you all have a fabulous week and I'll post again soon!

-blogs.yogajournal.com
-http://yoganonymous.org/jennifer-pastiloff-manifestation-yoga-kindness-lifestye-happiness/

2 comments: