4.05.2012

13 "genders"


  • So in class today I mentioned that the US recognizes 13 gender identities. I was told this in a SW class in Arkansas. I looked everywhere and while I couldn't find a complete official list or anything government related about what gender is appropriate, I did find this list with 13 gender identities. obviously you can be more than one since part of your gender identity according to this list is your sexual orientation. 

  •  Cisgendered male
  •  Cisgendered female
  •  Trans man
  •  Trans woman
  •  Androgyne
  •  Pangender
  •  Third Gender
    •  Heterosexual
    •  Homosexual
    •  Bisexual
    •  Pansexual
    •  Asexual
    •  Paraphiliac

So I guess don't trust everything you learn in Arkansas. But this list does seem to cover it all.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment