11.11.2012

Ready to help the mommas!

I have completed my DONA Doula Workshop!!

This past weekend has been so amazing. I loved every second of the long days of learning and exploring and sharing of stories. I am so happy I did not put this off.

There aren't many times in life that I've felt like I was in the exact place I was supposed to be- but this weekend was one of them. After being turned down from Teach For America after making it to the final interview- I was discouraged. I thought maybe I didn't have a good grip on my purpose in life. Every time I ventured out of the workshop- for lunch or the end of the day- I had this unexplicable feeling of awe and content. It was amazing.

I told my mom yesterday- this is why TFA turned me down. This is what I am supposed to do.

I left today with mixed feelings. SOO glad to meet all these wonderful people and to begin this magical journey of helping moms have their most perfect births, and at the same time- so sad that I wouldn't see everyone's beautiful faces tomorrow. There is something about pretending to support this stranger in their pretend birth that bonds people together unlike any other.

The truth is, now I am itching to get out there- to the hospitals, the homes and the birthing centers- and to support these moms and families emotionally and physically in the welcoming of this new life. I can't wait to see how all my interest come together- from doula to yoga to social work.


EDIT:
Check out my new website!
doulamorgan.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment